Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Facebook.

So since I'm trying to make up for lost time (started A to Z challenge again this year, couldn't keep up, etc etc), so I'm trying to write some posts today, fast and furious style. Haha. See what I did there. I just saw the movie last week and it was gooo-ooood.

Anyway, so I just could not for the life of me think about a topic for 'F' so I did what I always do when I'm in doubt. I googled it. So i said to myself, when I type 'F' in the search bar, whatever is the first suggestion, I'll write about that. As luck would have it, or as google would have it, Facebook was the first suggestion so here I am, writing about it.

I was one of the very first people in my circle to join Facebook back in 2007. We had just outgrown Orkut and it was the next best thing. I still think it is one of the best things and worst things to happen to our generation after 'Whatsapp'. Anyway, I know everybody has said enough and more about it, so I wont go into any further details.

I hardly use facebook anymore (no offence, Mark) but its just that I've outgrown it too. I dont have the patience to see and read whats happeneing in other people's lives. I'm just too much into myself right now. Wow that is such a selfish thing to say but hey, atleast I'm honest about it.

Now its only when I meet someone new and that person adds me as a friend, I get notified and I log on to accept/decline. Yes, i decline a lot. I'm no more into the whole 'Lets see how many friends I can make phase' of my life. Infact, recently I wanted to purge some people out of my list but after five minutes of scrolling realised that I've actually already filtered my friend list a long time ago and the only 700-something people that are on my friend list are the ones that I have known at one point or the other in my life. And that the sole purpose of facebook right now is that, if ever these 700-something people want to contact me somehow, then they can.

So yeah, facebook is still a thing, even if its only a once-a-month thing, its still a thing to talk about and as I just did, write about. Well done Mark. I dont care how many people criticize you, you and your friend have done a good job. Really.


No comments: